Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Oatmeal Pumpkin Spice Cookies with White Chocolate Chips, Craisins, and Walnuts


I don't often do this, but, I saw a photo of someone else's cookies on Facebook and was seized by a craving so strong I couldn't shake it until I had made them myself.  No, that's a lie.  I always do that.  It's just not often that it happens with cookies.  When I couldn't find the exact recipe I resorted to Pinterest and made the recipe that most closely resembled the cookies I was not imagining almost non-stop.  I then made a few changes in order to bring them to exactly what I wanted, and here they are.  So yummy, and full of good things they are practically must be good for you!  (I sure hope they are, because I am now alone in the house with an entire recipe fresh out of the oven...)



1 C all-purpose flour
1 1/2 C old-fashioned oats
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. allspice
1/2 C (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/4 C white sugar
1 egg
1/2 C canned pumpkin
1 C white chocolate chips
1/2 C craisins
1 C chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 F.  Lightly grease baking sheets.

Combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and spices in a medium-size bowl.  In a mixing bowl, beat butter with sugars until well combined.  Add egg and pumpkin and beat until mixed, then add combined dry ingredients and beat again until mixed.  Add chips, craisins, and walnuts and stir until combined.

 Drop by rounded tablespoons onto cookie sheets and bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until light golden brown.  Allow to cool on baking sheet for a couple of minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment