Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Chinese New Year Candy

 These were brought to a women's retreat I attended recently, and, oh my stars, were they delicious! Upon my first bite of one of these scrumptious morsels, I decided I wasn't leaving without the recipe.

1- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips

1- 6 oz. butterscotch chips

1- 3 oz. can of Chinese noodles (broken in half)

1- 7 oz. can salted peanuts

Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips in double boiler (or, Put the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 30 second increments, stirring each time, until smoothly blended). Mix noodles and peanuts together in a large bowl. Stir in melted chocolate mixture. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. Chill immediately.

*Recipe makes about 28 to 30 candies. Might want to double the recipe.

PS: I don't know how to get rid of the text background color, but I'm not going to waste any more time on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment