Thursday, August 7, 2014

No Peek Casserole

Today is going to be busy, with a toddler running me ragged right about the time I normally need to get dinner going, so it's a great day for this meal.  I don't know if this technically meets the definition of casserole, since the noodles over which it is served are cooked separately and a green vegetable ought to be fixed to go along with, but this is what it's been called for my entire life, and I'm not changing it.  Ridiculously easy to make, decidedly delicious, absolutely convenient on a busy day.

2 lb. Stew Meat (beef)
1 pkg. Dry Onion Soup mix
1 can Golden Mushroom Soup
1 lb. fresh Button Mushrooms, washed and trimmed
½ C Red Wine


Trim meat into 1” cubes.  Combine all ingredients and put into a covered casserole dish.  Bake at 300 degrees for 2 ½ hours.  Remove lid, stir and return to oven for 30 minutes.  Serve over egg noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment